Clipping Magic Helps You Easily Remove Picture Backgrounds
Here’s a tool you may not have heard about but may useful at some time in the future. It’s called Clipping Magic, and it’s designed to remove backgrounds from user-uploaded pictures.
The concept is rather simple, you upload an image to the website, no need to download a program, mark the areas in the background you don’t want in red, and mark the areas in the foreground you do want in green. The website’s algorithm takes over and (hopefully) produces a background-free picture.
Finds of the Week
. Thanks to Gizmos and -Rhiannon
Just Delete Me
How to Switch from Internet Explorer and Bring Your Bookmarks with You
Cooking for Engineers
Forvo - All the Words in the World. Pronounced
One more thing: Newsletter of Wonderful Things from Scott Hanselman
What you need
Click here to get the downloadable stencils.
1. Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them connected at the stem, they ripen faster.
2. Store your opened chunks of cheese in aluminum foil. It will stay fresh much longer and not mold!
3. Peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating. Peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom are firmer and better for cooking.
4. Add a teaspoon of water when frying ground beef. It will help pull the grease away from the meat while cooking.
5. To really make scrambled eggs or omelets rich add a couple of spoonfuls of sour cream, cream cheese, or heavy cream in and then beat them up.
6. For a cool brownie treat, make brownies as directed. Melt Andes mints in double broiler and pour over warm brownies. Let set for a wonderful minty frosting.
7. Add garlic immediately to a recipe if you want a light taste of garlic and at the end of the recipe if your want a stronger taste of garlic.
8. Leftover snickers bars from Halloween make a delicious dessert. Simply chop them up with the food chopper. Peel, core and slice a few apples. Place them in a baking dish and sprinkle the chopped candy bars over the apples. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes!!! Serve alone or with vanilla ice cream. Yummm!
9. Reheat Pizza
10. Easy Deviled Eggs
11. Expanding Frosting
12. Reheating refrigerated bread
13. Newspaper weeds away
14. Broken Glass
15. No More Mosquitoes
16. Squirrel Away!
17. Flexible vacuum
18. Reducing Static Cling
19. Measuring Cups
20. Foggy Windshield?
21. Re-opening envelopes
23. Goodbye Fruit Flies
24. Get Rid of Ants
25. Dryer Filter
The days of printing out banners with perforated edges may be a long-lost ’80s memory, but finding joy in cool things your printer can still do is possible.
Transfer inkjet printed images to wood using old label sheet.
This guide will outline 10 awesome ways to use your printer.
Literacy in Ireland
In the past literacy was considered to be the ability to read and write. Today the meaning of literacy has changed to reflect changes in society and the skills needed by individuals to participate fully in society. It involves listening, speaking, reading, writing, numeracy and using everyday technology to communicate and handle information.
Hi, my name is Loreto and I'm an adult literacy tutor. I created this website to keep track of all things useful I have come across. Sometimes I am given a link by someone and if its not put on here it can be forgotten about. If you come across something you think is useful or even just fun, drop me a note to let me know and I will put it on here. Thank you for your time and I hope you find this website useful.