Want to be safe on the Internet? Here is a collection of articles that will help you understand the tricks and tactics used by malware writers and that explain how to set up some powerful computer defenses. Read these and you will be well prepared to protect your computer against hackers and cyber criminals.
1. What is two-step authentication?
2. Ad injection and you - how adware gets on your computer
3. Different Kinds of Malware Explained
4. Buffer Overflow Basics
5. What is a DDoS attack?
6. How to protect your Windows XP system after April 2014
7. Free Network Sniffers, Analyzers and Stumblers
And let’s not forget the formidable assembly of security information right here at Gizmo’s. Pay attention to what is said in the articles linked below and you will be well armed against attempts to invade your computer. Here are just a few from the outstanding selection of security articles that are available on our site.
8. How to Tell If A Website Is Dangerous
9. How to Stay Safe While Online
10. What Else Have You Just Downloaded?
11. An Introduction and a Quick Guide to Sandboxie
12. Safe Computing in Under an Hour
And there you have it - use the information in these articles and you’ll be much safer on the Internet.
Information from: v.laurie , courtesy of Gizmo
Why not visit my blog page for loads more tips and posts
Literacy in Ireland
In the past literacy was considered to be the ability to read and write. Today the meaning of literacy has changed to reflect changes in society and the skills needed by individuals to participate fully in society. It involves listening, speaking, reading, writing, numeracy and using everyday technology to communicate and handle information.
Hi, my name is Loreto and I'm an adult literacy tutor. I created this website to keep track of all things useful I have come across. Sometimes I am given a link by someone and if its not put on here it can be forgotten about. If you come across something you think is useful or even just fun, drop me a note to let me know and I will put it on here. Thank you for your time and I hope you find this website useful.